FreeBSD + samba 2.2.2 problems; semi-solution

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at tellurian.com.au
Thu Jan 17 15:00:06 GMT 2002

David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> Its hard to put the blame on FreeBSD or Samba, but I believe its specific to
> FreeBSD, I haven't heard anyone else run into these problems on the list,
> but then again, FreeBSD is the only one I run.

We had a customer who had this problem. We couldn't reproduce the
problem in our test environment. They were using a fairly stock RedHat
6.2 (kernel 2.2.14-5.0) on Intel when sharing out a FoxPro database.

They were using a mix of Win9X/ME and WinXP machines. I can't say for
sure whether the problems were caused by a particular one of these
operating systems, though.

Hope it helps,
Matt