samba netbios / namedpipes domination: a comparison with linu x having a proprietary web server built-in

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Jan 8 12:03:04 GMT 2002

>additionally, there are factors that you are unaware of that
>relate to US government agency manipulation, which have had
>a seriously detrimental influence in my involvement with samba.

(Look out, it's the black helicopters!)

>- the linux _kernel_ provided an implementation of a web server,
>dominating port 80, making it completely pointless for anyone
>to even think about _writing_ their own web server

There *is* a kernel implementation of a web server.  It hasn't had the
effect you suggest it would.

I find it kind of odd to describe anything that's both open-source *and*
based on a documented protocol as "proprietary".  But I know I'm not on the
list of people you want to see posting to this thread, regardless.