Invalid memory location result during logon with Samba 2.2.x CVS from a couple of weeks ago

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Jan 4 23:08:13 GMT 2002

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Problem solved.
>
> It was either a problem with the CVS version I had, or a combination of
> the profiling and MSDFS options I had set.
>
> I will check it out tomorrow.

BTW, I got a similar thing - it happened when I got my PDC to send back
a compleatly invalid error code in my case 0xaba - no 0xc0000000 mask.
It didn't like that :-).  (I was using HEAD and win2k client)

But that was me just screwing around with my name_to_ntstatus auth
module - it lets you send back any error code you want :-).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net