multiple smbd's ?

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Jan 2 11:37:02 GMT 2002

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> That's not the way Samba is currently designed. It could be
> changed to do this, but this is not currently planned.
> Clever patches to do this are welcome though, and also I'll
> kick some ideas around in the back of my head as to how to
> do this in Samba, but don't expect it soon, sorry.

	If the HSM is thrashing, a reasonable approach is
	to increase the amount read and cached from the
	slow device.

	However, it must be a wierd HSM to not
	do readahead on such a slow device!

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com