Printer-Properties 2.2-alpha

Matthias Schuendehuette msch at snafu.de
Mon Jan 29 17:38:58 GMT 2001

Hello all,

On 28-Jan-01 Greg Dickie wrote:

> Hey Jeremy,
>
>   I'll give it a try.

Same for me, I just checked SAMBA_2_2 out.

I still have to deliver the Errors I had:

First there was a "Printer settings could not be saved - access denied"

This disappeared as I accessed all of the Samba-server as 'root' - not
only the share 'print$'.

But even after that, nothing was changed. The PrinterProperties Window
hung for a while an then closed, but nothing was saved.

I looked at the session with 'swat' and found, that many of the DLLs in
question had: Sharing: DENY_WRITE, R/W: RDONLY, Oplock: EXCLUSIVE+BATCH

Obviously, it can't work that way, but...

Anyway, let's see, how the actual 2.2-code acts on this issue...

Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch at snafu.de>
Solmsstrasse 44         Date: 29-Jan-01
D-10961 Berlin          Time: 18:29:10

This message was sent by XFMail + FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE