Printer-Properties 2.2-alpha

Matthias Schuendehuette msch at snafu.de
Sun Jan 28 14:32:55 GMT 2001

Hello everybody,

I'm just testing 2.2-alpha in our NT4SP6 environment as a potential
PrintServer (on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE). I'm quite happy with the new
printing functionality so far, Samba delivers the printer drivers to the
NT machines as announced.

I have only one (show-stopper) problem concerning the printer properties
and the document defaults. I'm not able to set/save them in any way. That
concernes the paper size (LETTER is not the standard in Europe) as well
as additional printer features such as stackers, paper trays and so on.
BTW: I'm talking about the latest HP LaserJet Drivers for 4000, 4050,
8000, 8150 etc.

I tried to set the properties/defaults in the same session after
installing the drivers (which worked flawlessly), so I was accessing the
share as 'root' for sure.

Is this a problem of my 'personal stupidity'(TM) or is it because of the
alpha-state of the software (what I wouldn't citisize)?

I'm able to read, especially 'printing*.txt'-files :-), but I didn't find
any hint...

Are there any guesses, opinions, hints about that issue?

Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch at snafu.de>
Solmsstrasse 44         Date: 28-Jan-01
D-10961 Berlin          Time: 15:13:48

This message was sent by XFMail + FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE