Adding a feature to the smbd

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jan 26 02:02:47 GMT 2001

At 02:06 AM 1/26/01 +0100, Thomas Langås wrote:
>Richard Sharpe:
>> >Ok, what's wrong with this (from my share.conf-file):
>> >[protst]
>> >        source environment = |/usr/local/samba/bin/returnpath.sh %I
>> >        path = %${PROFILE_PATH}
>>
>> [I understand that you have fixed the {} problem.
>> I can't see the problem, and must admit I have not tested this. However, I
>> would try the following to see what is going on:
>>
>> Add a 'comment = %$(PROFILE_PATH)' and then browse the server from Windows
>> or use smbclient, and check what the comment says.
>
>protst         Disk      %$(PROFILE_PATH)
>
>So, I guess something isn't working as it should?  (We're using Samba 2.0.7)

Hmmm, I don't have 2.0.7 on my machines anymore, but I tested that back in
early 2000, I believe, when I was writing Special Edition, Using Samba.

It does work on 2.2.0 (CVS) that I currently use.

Change the envvar to something like USER, which should show up as ROOT ...

This will help us figure out if the mechanism is not working or the envvar
does not exist.

>--
>-Thomas

Regards