Samba and change notify

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Tue Jan 23 22:43:05 GMT 2001

Hello,

I am using a Windows program (Matlab) which uses change notification
handles. This doesn't work for me on my Samba server right now
(Linux 2.2.18 with Samba 2.0.7).

Looking through the current Samba source code I saw that it
supports the new Linux directory notification of Linux 2.4.0.

I set up a test box with Linux 2.4.0 and the current Samba from CVS,
but it didn't work at first.
Only after I changed the following lines in notify_kernel.c it worked
for me:
-------------------------
static BOOL kernel_check_notify(connection_struct *conn, uint16 vuid,
 char *path, uint32 flags, void *datap, time_t t)
{
    struct change_data *data = (struct change_data *)datap;

/*    if (!t)
        return False; */
}

Are there any  side effects when removing the time check ?

  ...Juergen