Samba MySQL module + Problems with profiles

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Sat Jan 20 08:36:44 GMT 2001

> I've read the code you posted, and, well, there's much work to do yet.
>
> I'm interested to port your code to the 2.2/3.0 branch (in my spare time),
> but there are also a lot of function yet to be done.
>
> What I think is that you may go on and create the missing functions for
> the 2.0.7 branch (if you need it for 2.0.7).
>
> As told there shouldn't be any other 2.0.x release so if you want to see
> the code in any stable release the port to 2.2/3.0 is a must, but some
> people may also decide to patch their 2.0.7 code so if you need it for
> 2.0.7 it is worth th effort to make a 2.0.7 patch.
>
> What do you think?

I'll first clean up the code and then add support for adding users,
removing users and make things like the home directory variable(it's now
just /home/ll/<UID>.

I've just downloaded Samba 2.2 from the CVS branch and after I updated my
MySQL module a bit, I'll try to update it a bit.

Can't we put it in the CVS tree so we can both work on it?

Jelmer
--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org>
Host: charis.vernstok, an i686 running Linux 2.2.12-20