Posix ACL`s on Solaris

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Jan 12 19:24:19 GMT 2001

"Romeril, Alan" wrote:

> Jeremy,
>         Is the Posix ACL code supposed to compile on Solaris?  Running
> configure --with-posix-acls says no support for them, am I just being a bit
> to impatient for the working ACL code :)

Solaris ACLs are not POSIX ACLs. A wrapper from the abstract
interface (defined in lib/sysacl.c) needs to be written for
Solaris. The abstract interface is based on the POSIX draft
so that it is an identity mapping for POSIX ACL systems. Other
systems need a wrapper to map their underlying ACL mechanisms
into something that matches this interface.

Solaris, IRIX, HPUX and AIX are on the list of wrappers to
add, but currently I'm focussing on getting the POSIX one
working correctly.

Jeremy.