winbind in samba-HEAD

John M Trostel jt at jtsdell.ceo.com
Wed Jan 3 20:08:17 GMT 2001

Hi Armand.... (Obviously I've gotten outbound e-mail to work ...at least
if I don't rely on any other SMTP server).

I, also, have been trying to get winbind to compile using the CVS 2_2
and/or HEAD trees.  Neither tree seems to want to work.  The specific
error seems to be:

Compiling tdb/spinlock.c with -fpic
Compiling tdb/tdbutil.c with -fpic
Linking nsswitch/libnss_wins.so
Compiling nsswitch/pam_winbind.c with -fpic
Linking nsswitch/pam_winbind.so
make: *** No rule to make target `nsswitch/winbind.po', needed by
`nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so'.  Stop.

Looking at the example Makefile for the appliance, I added --with-pam and
--with-smbmount, to no avail.

---Reply to mail from Welsh, Armand about winbind in samba-HEAD

> has anybody been able to get winbind to compile in the samba-HEAD cvs?  I
> tried make nsswitch, but it breaks, when it tries to make the winbind stuff,
> because it can't find the target.  What is the best cvs source for winbind?
>
> Armand Welsh - Information Security Administrator
> State Street IMS West
> T: 949/720-6918 C: 949/500-4611
> armand.welsh at sscims.com

---End reply