libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Jan 2 02:45:59 GMT 2001

	I agree this should be completely left under the control of the application itself but if it's relevant to the discussion at all then I think I should express that I do not believe the above example is ideal. If someone launches their "Network Neighborhood" like icon they should be presented with a list of servers in their "Neighborhood". 99% of the time users don't give a hoot about what workgroup there in. Again this is a behavioural feature of the application itself and therefore has no bearing on the smb URI standard right? Otherwise I think these sorts of application level things have a tendency to sort themselves out.

	Mike