dce/rpc "client" api

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Aug 25 05:18:33 GMT 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Because a NET_USER_INFO_3 has an order of magnitude more
> information than is needed to do the things this data is used
> for.

jeremy, go read my posts more carefully, please.  and also, perhaps you
might also consider reading some code, too, yes?

> The rule of thumb is "don't add stuff that *might* be usefull, add
> stuff that *is* usefull".

you are implying that "might be" comes into my way of thinking, which it
does not.

"will be", however, does.

therein lies the problem, that your assessement of the difference between
"might be" and "will be" causes such continuous headaches that over the
last few years you have refused to stop causing.

_plus_, over the last week i have given you more than enough opportunities
for you to demonstrate some sort of interest in cooperation on samba's
development.  instead, you have used the opportunity to demonstrate that
you have no interest in accommodating anything that i do, or the reasons
for doing it.

well, good luck to you, i hope your future endeavours are successful.

luke