The Evil LockD Daemon! Beware! Beware!

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Thu Aug 17 12:09:42 GMT 2000

"Christopher R. Hertel" wrote:
> > Ummm...this is a pretty known fact.  Maybe not documented as well
> > as it should be though.  Binaries from an NFS sgare is ok.
> > Lock files are not.                            ^
>              I think you meant "NFS scare", right?

	Probably (;-))

	Seriously, though, Solaris seems fairly resistant
	to problem in this area, so I tend to reccomend
	against it on the basis of lousy performance...

	What I was hoping to get from the victims and
	any volunteers was a place at which Samba got
	stuck, and which could be adressed here. I suspect
	it's in a "can't happen" branch of the code...

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com