Problem accessing SWAT from Root account

Cynthia Mullen kmullen123 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 3 20:56:20 GMT 2000

I wonder if anybody has seen this problem.  When i try to access SWAT via
the root account the authentication fails.  I am utilizing encrypted
passwords on the TRU64 UNIX alpha and Windows 98 on the PC.  Root is a user
in the smbpasswd file with a password the same as /etc/passwd.  No shadow
passwords are in use.  The really interesting thing is I can access SWAT
from my regular user account, but I do not receive all options. I only have
the buttons for HOME, STATUS, VIEW, PASSWORD as well as all documentation
links.  My user account is fully privileged, but my understanding is the
additional options are only available to root, thus the problem. Can anyone
help please.

Keith Mullen