Unable to decompress samba-2.2.2.tar.gz

Tai Kee Leong Leong at nti.infomal.com.my
Tue Oct 23 21:54:03 GMT 2001

Dear all,

I'm totally new to unix environment and I dont know anything about unix. I
downloaded samba-2.2.2.tar.gz but I dont know how to unzip it. The following
command was used the error messages.

[root at singa public]# gunzip samba-2.2.2.tar.gz | tar xfvzp
samba-2.2.2.tar.gz
gunzip: samba-2.2.2.tar.gz has more than one entry -- unchanged
gzip: stdin has more than one entry--rest ignored
tar: 308 garbage bytes ignored at end of archive
tar: Child returned status 2

What could have go wrong? Please advice, thank you.

Leong