homes share and logon path

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Mon May 7 19:43:34 GMT 2001

I was thinking about something along those lines also.  Like you say, %U
is reinterpreted on each connection.  But why does the [homes] share
have problems, then?  This is what I don't understand.  I /think/ I
/maybe/ kinda get it, but if I'm really honest about the situation, I
must admit I'm confused.

How is [homes] being evaluated differently?  Is this a Windows thing or
a Samba thing?

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager