NT printing.

Ely Zavin ely at txc.com
Thu Mar 29 18:32:51 GMT 2001

Hello All,

I am running Samba-2.2.0alpha3.
Thank you for great work to Samba team - everything works
great,  except  the printer driver installation for WinNT as well
as for W2K.

After choosing Network Printer Server in Add Printer Wizard window,
Connect to Printer window displays all printers from my Samba Server
prefixed with extra hostname like this:

<HOSTNAME>\\<HOSTNAME>\<printername>

where <HOSTNAME> - is a real Samba Server hostname and
          <printername> - is a real printer name on the Samba Server.

Next to printer's name there is a string NO DRIVER AVAILABLE FOR THE
PRINTER. When I continue the installation instead of getting  WinNT Add
Printer Wizard with all available printers I'm getting a window with
message "File Needed: Printer INF for NO DRIVER AVAILABLE FOR THIS
PRINTER" and dialog box
to specify path to *.INF file. Even after specifying exact path to .inf
file in this window I'm getting an error message: Printer driver setup
error: The printer driver is unknown.

Following are the printer settings from smb.conf file:

load printers = yes
printcap name = /etc/printcap
printing = bsd
print command = lpr -r -P%p %s