Disappearing machine.....

Jonathan W Miner Jonathan.W.Miner at lmco.com
Thu Mar 22 20:40:23 GMT 2001

Jeff -

I have the same problem here at work.  We have over 2000 PC desktops, so
the Network Neighborhood doesn't always show everything...  At home,
where I have 6 machines, I have no problems, all the machines including
the samba server, all the time.

I suspect there is some type of resource that is being exhausted in the
WINS, but I'm no NT guru so I can't shed any light on why it's broke.  I
have to tell people to just go to Start->Run and type in \\{server}

 _o)           | LM-Xpress: jonathan.w.miner at lmco.com
 /\\  _o)  _o) | Phone: 603 885 UNIX - Fax: 603 885 3850
_\_V _(\) _(\) | USmail: PO Box 868, NCA01-3719, Nashua, NH 03061-0868