Samba2.2alpha1

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Jan 29 05:13:50 GMT 2001

At 06:47 PM 28-01-01 -1000, Eric Pilger wrote:
>The workaround is to do it by hand. However, I can't do it by hand because
2.2
>does it 'on the fly'. A true bind is developing.

Hm... From what I can remember from my tests before xmas, if the machine
account already exists, its treated as if it was being changed. Quite
legal. Create with 'smbpasswd -a -m machine'. You still need a working
administrator account of course.

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au