Samba2.2alpha1

Eric Pilger pilger at higp.hawaii.edu
Thu Jan 25 16:25:39 GMT 2001

This is the exact problem that has been stopping me cold for months. I have
tried from a range of Win2K installations (old, new, patched, not). I have tried
smb.conf files ranging from my standard file to one taken directly from the FAQ.
I have treid a constant stream of updates and original installations from CVS.

What does this message mean? Is the "computer account" the machine name with a
$? I certainly am not using that account. I get this message using either my own
account, or root (which I have added to the smbpasswd file).

Peter Milburn wrote:

> Hi all.. As I have stated before, I have samba 2.2alpha1 running as a pdc
> with 1 win2kws joined to the domain.
>
> I am trying to get another machine to join the domain.  I am getting 2
> errors...
>
> The account used is a computer account. USe your global user account or
> local user account to access this server.
>
> When I try to join the domain again, I get this error..
>
> The remote procedure call failed.
>
> If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Peter Milburn
> Systems Manager
> Software Communication Group Ltd
>
> peter.milburn at sofcom.com.au
>
> Ph: +613 9826 8300      Fax: +613 9826 8336
>
> Level 16, 644 Chapel St
> South Yarra, Vic 3141
>
> www.sofcom.com.au

> This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
> for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
> recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action
> in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error, please
> notify Software Communication Group immediately.
>
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
> except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Software
> Communication Group.

Eric J. Pilger
Systems Administrator
Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology/SOEST
pilger at pgd.hawaii.edu
(808)956-6321 (Voice/FAX)