Passwd problems

Dan Christopherson danch at str.com
Wed Jan 10 20:43:59 GMT 2001

Look into setting security=server and pointing it at one of your domain
controllers. I've been running a few Solaris and Linux boxes that way for
years now. This way you don't need the local smbpasswd file at all
('though you _do_ still need a local Linux account)

At a higher end, you could look at running samba as a domain member.

--
Dan Christopherson (danch)
nVisia Technical Architect (www.nvisia.com)

Opinions expressed are mine and do not neccessarily reflect any
position or opinion of nVisia, Inc.

If you're a capitalist and you have the best goods and they're
free, you don't have to proselytize, you just have to wait.
-Eben Moglen