smbmount Q

Schlomo Schapiro schapiro at clerk.pi.huji.ac.il
Thu Jan 4 06:12:31 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am trying to mount a windows share with smbmount (it works
bascially) but I would like to specify the password on the command line
(like I can do with smbclient) and not to have to enter it manually. I
need this to mount Windows shares in order to back them up (I am aware of
the drawbacks involved).

Can anybody point out to me how to do this ? Do I have to update my
mount/smbmount commands (where from) ?

I saw that samba 2.0.7 comes with smbmnt/smbmount, but they seem to be the
same as with 2.0.5 (what I currently use).

Thanks for your help,

Schlomo

--
Schlomo Schapiro