really FRUSTRATED!

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 02:29:37 GMT 2001

Chris Odgers wrote:

> I don't think he's trying to set up a BDC<->PDC relationship, just
> wants to join the domain with his samba server (as samba has allowed
> since either late 1.9 or early 2.0 releases.)

I realise that Samba can act as a DC. But it does sound like he is
trying to join a BDC to a domain

> > > let me explain this again,...I want to join a win2k DC to
> > samba...i first
> > > added the computer account on the win2k server ..

Also, you won't need to have a computer account for your Samba PDC on
your Windows 2000 machine. The domain trust goes the other way. To join
a computer to a Samba Controlled Domain, you must have an account for
the client machine on the Samba Domain Controller.

Hope it helps,
Matt