Printing in TNG

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Feb 14 00:59:31 GMT 2001

At 01:17 AM 2/15/00 +1100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>I'm using multiple config files using the
>
>netbios aliases = .... 		and
>include = smb.conf.%L

I assume that the printer definitions are in the file included?

This does not gell with your next message, which claims that the include
line is being ignored.  Rather, it seems more like Samba is pulling all the
include lines into the one server, but clients should start new tcp
connections for each virtual server, because the NetBIOS names are different.

Could you try smbclient to a share on each NetBIOS name and then see what
smbstatus shows?

>yet if I go through the 'Add Printer' it shows me
>a list of printers that's available on the primary
>'netbios name'.
>
>Any clues ?
>
>Alan.
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\winmail25.dat"

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course