Lock files

Sam Dunham samdu at ronintech.com
Mon Dec 10 12:55:12 GMT 2001

I have a client that's running Red Hat 7.2 and Samba 2.2.2 and everything
seems to be running fine with one weird exception. They are unable to open
Access databases from explorer. If they double-click on the database from
Explorer, Access tells them that they don't have permission or that the file
is open exclusive. However, if they open it from the File menu in Access, it
opens fine. This wasn't an issue until I moved them from a Windows 2000
server to the Linux box. Any ideas as to what's going on with this?

-Sam Dunham
Owner/Consultant
Ronin Tech
http://www.ronintech.com/