find_response_record: response packet id 176 received with no matching record.

Francesco malvezzi at unimo.it
Fri Apr 27 08:30:01 GMT 2001

I have a couple of problems about samba as PDC.
I run version 2.2.0 on a linux RedHat 6.2 machine. Everything works
fine, but my /var/log/samba/log.nmdb receives the following warning:

[2001/04/27 10:25:41, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(239)
  find_response_record: response packet id 176 received with no matching
record.

I have such a warning each half an hour from win98 clients, and much
more often from win200 clients. What is wrong? Any hint?

I have also a easier question. Everytime I logout from my win2000
clients, it warns me that it cannot update the common profile. What is
about?

Thank you for your help. If you need more details, just ask.

Francesco