samba-ntdom needed any more?

Eric Pilger pilger at higp.hawaii.edu
Sun Apr 22 01:23:45 GMT 2001

Being a many year user of samba, but only a 3 month user of domains, I have
far more questions concerning domain admin than general samba. If this list
is joined to samba main then I will definitely stop subscribing. I am
already almost overwhelmed with the current volume, even though much of it
relates to my interests.

Domain admin is a different beast than generic samba and deserves a separate
list.

"McEldowney, Michael" wrote:

> I agree with Jerry that this list has become a multitopic list.  This
> list should remain and we should all limit our posts to matters that
> this list was originally intended for.  Post the "regular" samba matters
> about installation, file, print, WINS, configs, etc. to the main list.
> Post domain admin matters here.
>
> Just a thought...how about renaming the list to 'samba-domain-admin', or
> 'samba-domain-auth?

Eric Pilger
Sys Admin
HIGP/SOEST