Samba as member server in Win2k domain

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Apr 16 13:16:55 GMT 2001

Hi Dan,
Yes, Samba can be a member server in a win2k native domain.  "Native" as
opposed to "Mixed Mode" essentially means that the W2k DC's will no longer
share user database information with 'downlevel' DC's, ie NT 4.0 bdcs.
Member servers do not avail themselves of sam database updates from the pdc
anyway, so this does not affect Samba.  You just have to make sure that
ntlm1 authentication has NOT been disabled, and accessing the machine
accounts has not been disabled for "pre- win2k machines" .

Hope this helps.