problems with smbpasswd -j

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Oct 31 23:10:46 GMT 2000

At 04:18 PM 31/10/2000 +0300, Nickolay Kritsky wrote:
>Please help me! I'm trying to make samba working like PDC.
>I've made machine account in samba passwd and /etc/passwd,
>name is testbsd$, and tried this:
>smbpasswd -j TESTDOMAIN
>(it is said that PDC itself must be member of domain he controls)

That is not necessary on samba 2.2 or 2.0.7. Unfortuantly you did not
mention what version you are using (or what operating system etc).

If you are using TNG please direct your questions via
http://www.samba-tng.org/

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au