PDC

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Oct 26 23:05:52 GMT 2000

At 02:13 PM 26/10/2000 +0100, J.L.Gilmour at exeter.ac.uk wrote:
>> > I would like to know when will Samba be able to act like a PDC. I am
>> > using Samba 2.0.7 now.
>> It will do for Win9x clients but not for WinNT Win2k.
>
>...Also, Samba 3.0 provides a reasonable PDC service for NT clients.

Well, it really closer than that. 2.2 in its current pre-release version
will accept W2K logons to the domain with a little bit of fiddling (less
fiddling than we had to do in the past for NT). Once JFM fixes a couple of
bugs he's working on it will be even easier.

There is a step by step on how to get W2K on to the 2.2 cvs at
http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au/samba

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au