problem nt server joining samba domain

Greg Lawler glawler at westmont.edu
Mon Oct 9 07:21:28 GMT 2000

ok, you're right...

i guess that i should make a .reg file for all the users to click on to
enable encrypted passwords in windows 95.

is this as simple as adding the EnablePlainTextPassword and setting the
dword value to zero?  anyone out there done this in win95?

thanks
greg

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, David Bannon wrote:

> At 05:27 PM 08/10/2000 -0700, Greg wrote:
> >hi all, i have just finished migrating our admin domain (300 win95
> >machines) to use samba 2.0.7 instead of an nt4 pdc.
> >
> >i have two stand alone nt boxes that i want to have join the domain
> >too...
> >
> >problem: all the workstations use unencrypted passwords and the nt boxes
> >only join the domain if samba uses encrypted passords...
> >
> Greg, you really should consider using all encrypted passwords. It ends up
> simpler and is generally safer.
>
> David
> David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
> School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
> La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
> Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au
> ..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !

           Greg Lawler, Network Administrator
                   Westmont College