Strange Desire ! .... [aka ignoring W2000 box]

rshea at opendoor.co.nz rshea at opendoor.co.nz
Wed Oct 4 07:24:53 GMT 2000

Hi - I've got a little lan with two W98 machines and Samba 2.0.6 running on a
FreeBSD 3.4 box.

I have to put a W2000 machine on the same lan for the next two months. I
don't want to upgrade Samba. Is there anyway I can configure the W2000
machine so that

(a) it completely ignores the Samba server and the two W98 machines ? and
(b) they completely ignore the W2000 machine ?

The W2000 machine has to be plugged into the LAN so that it can get out to
the cable modem but otherwise I don't care if it can't access shared
resources. Obviously I don't want it upsetting the other machines.

Any help/advice/suggested reading would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard Shea.

Open Door Ltd
PO Box 119-46