There are still login problems

Chris Garrigues cwg-samba-ntdom at DeepEddy.Com
Tue May 16 14:30:14 GMT 2000

> From:  Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba.org>
> Date:    Fri, 12 May 2000 19:24:48 +1000
>
> On Fri, 12 May 2000, Tim Deegan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 02:48:54PM +1000, Lars Kneschke wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Some days ago 3 or 4 people posted a email, that they can't login corec
> tly.
> > > After login you get a message that win nt can't load the profile, and i
> > > smb.log you will see, that samba thinks that the supplied password is w
> rong.
> > > But the password is ok, you login using smbclient. This problems still
> > > exists. If no one will fix it, samba tng is not useable, and no serious
> > > testing can be done!
> > >
> > > Have some other people this problem too?
> >
> > Yes, from Win2k, the login was accepted but then the win2k user
> > couldn't access shares on the Samba Server (TNG alpha 2.5.3 on
> > RH6.2/x86).
>
> i have an idea of what probl. is.

Has this problem been fixed in CVS?  I'm being bitten by this in TNG alpha
2.5.2; if it's been fixed, I'd like to try the CVS version.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/	http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.