Getting somewhere in my samba adventures... slowly

Mauricio Tavares raub at gator.net
Thu Jun 29 15:11:42 GMT 2000

At 05:29 PM 6/29/00 +0300, "Valentin Pavlov" <v_valchev at prosyst.bg> wrote:
>Simply add "security = share" in global parameters.
>But note - you will not be able to authenticate users.

	I understand, but using what you suggested allowed me to do waht I
consider to be the most important right now:  find out if my samba server
is working and I can connect to it.  It works!  So I am pretty happy now.
Thanks! =)

Now that has been taken care of, I can proceed to the next phase, which is
setting the user authentication part.  What I envision is to have people to
log into to their NT/W98/W95/W2K boxes anad have that l/p already take care
of what they have access to in the unix box.  I plan in the end to run the
unix box as primary server for the localnet and have our current NT server
as secondary, asking the unix box for anything it may need such as
usernames and stuff.

Again, thanks for the help! =)