NT Profiles not being copied back to PDC

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 19:44:40 GMT 2000

Hi --

I'm using Samba 2.0.6 as PDC on my home lan.  I'm
using it mainly to keep profiles backed up on the
linux box.

I recently added another NT (SP6a) box to the lan and
while it sees my domain and other machines in it, the
profile-backing-up part seems broken.  When I log in,
it notices that the local profile is newer than the
one on samba, but it never copies it back when I log
out.

I don't believe I did anything different with my other
machines.. I did apply service pack 6a right after I
installed, so could that be it.

Any hints on how to debug this?  Should I upgrade to
2.0.7?

Thanks,

Ranjan Bagchi