trusted domains

H. Vogelbein hardy at stico.de
Tue Jul 11 09:12:06 GMT 2000

hi folks,
I'm using TNG 2.5 on linux as PDC for the domain STICO. I want to use a
NT Server (NT 4 SP 6) for password authentication in domain STICO-NT. So I put
"password server = ntserver" in my smb.conf. Password authentication is then
processed on the NT Server, but I don't have access to my Userprofiles
on the Samba-Box.

Log.smb:
error connecting to 192.6.1.13:445 (Connection refused)
li_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed.  status: c000018b
domain_client_validate: credentials failed (\\NTSERVER)
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'hardy': authentication failed

Is it possible that samba becomes a trusted domain on STICO-NT and vice versa?
Can anybody help to implement it? I have to use TNG because of win2000.

cheers