Yet another oddity

ZEN el GUAY zen at t-linux.com
Thu Jul 6 10:27:14 GMT 2000

> Here is the oddity...
>
> We suffered a blue screen of death on the NT PDC. The Linux/SAMBA server
> remained on-line. Upon reboot of the PDC nobody could log on. A little
> investigation points to the fact the Linux/SAMBA apparently took over as
> the PDC or at least partially so. The NT box reported that there was
> another PDC for the domain.
>
> I had to turn SAMBA off then re-boot the PDC then start SAMBA to restore
> "normal" operation. Is this the way it works?

As far as I concern, everytime NT PDC was in trouble, their rpc remains
online. So when they restarted, any connection must be re-established, including
from Samba box. This happened to me some time ago. Otherwise no one could be
able to log on. Or... this is something that I got surprise: any users even the
non-exixtence users will be able to login to PDC... ( I experienced this once
when using NT with SP4)...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FOOTBALLL WITHOUT FRONTIER
Let there be peace on Earth through football
EURO 2000

ZEN O->^ (el GUAY)
        T-Linux
   It's Linux Time!