SMBPASSWD perms

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Jul 3 01:05:38 GMT 2000

Hi,

I know that the permissions for the smbpasswd file are supposed to be
rw------- (for good reason ;-)), but does it matter who owns it? I have
followed Lars' FAQ and created a non-root domain administrator, but in
doing so, I cannot add a machine account from an NT box using the NT
boxy thing. This also means that to do any account administration, I
must ssh to the box and run smbpasswd / rpcclient. What are other people
doing to overcome this problem (this is, of course, assuming that I
haven't overlooked anything and there *is* a problems).

Thanks heaps,
Matt

--

Matthew Geddes