editable databases

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Mon Jan 31 17:33:41 GMT 2000

Schlomo,

You have touched a subject I am very interested in: Imaging NT's. I need
to be able to remotely image NT's from a unix box. The NT administrator
uses PCRDIST to download the image from the unix box, but he swears he has
to visit every NT workstation in order to get the imaging process going. I
am in charge of making the NT's talk to unix, but I am NOT an NT
administrator. I am curious to know what process you use to image the NT's
on your network. Samba works great on our installation. The only problem
is the imaging process. Even when imaging directly from an NT server, the
administrator used the same procedure. I know there has to be a better
solution to the imaging process. Our NT base is growing and I definitely
need to be able to image the NT's from my unix console. Any help on this
would be greatly appreciated!

Al Ramos.

                                           | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.             | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!   | Rice University.