domain map group fail

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Jan 21 15:42:18 GMT 2000

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:

> On  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:27:55 +1100   Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton  wrote:
> --------
>
> > > /tmp/log is empty. You see: main answer  is "Domain Admins" -> UNKNOWN
> > > thats is because log.smb say parameter "domain group map" unknown...  :-(
> >
> > /tmp/log will not exist.  /tmp/log.client will be empty because you have
> > specified "debug level = 0" in your smb.conf file, set this to 100 and you
> > will get something.
>
> No. First, directory  /tmp/log exist as I have created it by hand. Next, I
> have switched debug level to 100 for a while of this test

the -l log option is a file, not a directory, that is appended with
".client".

> > smbd, which knows absolutely nothing about this parameter, and i'm not
> > going to be the one to make it know anything about this parameter, i'm not
> > responsible for cvs main, only SAMBA_TNG.
> >

> If so, how it's possible to make the tandem HEAD+TNG working, I mean, log-in
> to domain as domain admin, as my TNG only don't working now at all?

i fixed an obscure bug, yesterday.

> > try cvs main only, and please consider doing a complete checkout, i _know_
> > that public cvs has problems once in a while.
>
> This take lot of time, because of huge traffic and cvs frequent abnormal
> termination due to something  like "unexpected end of file received from
> server". In such circumstances I compelled run cycle like this
>
> until cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.samba.org:/cvsroot co samba > /tmp/samba-cvs.log
> 2>&1; do rm -fr samba; done &
>
> and wait it's and for a day or more...

try this, if you get bored waiting for this to run, which me?  i certainly
do!!!!!!

mkdir samba-main
cd samba-main
cvs co samba/source
mv samba/* .
rm -f samba

cd ..
mkdir samba-tng
cd samba-tng
cvs co -r SAMBA_TNG samba/source
mv samba/* .
rm -f samba

why do this?  because i like to see samba-main/source and
samba-tng/source, not samba-tng1/samba/source, samba-tng/samba/source,
samba_2_0/samba/source blahblahblah it gets boring and does my wrists in.