Samba-TNG "Can't create IPC area"

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Thu Jan 20 04:48:56 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

I have Samba-TNG (from about a week or so ago) and had it working. I
must have changed something as all of the new daemons are dying,
complaining about not being able to create or use the IPC area as the
file exists. I have checked the log files (at debug level 8) and
couldn't find anything that was a problem. The line above it in the log
says: WARNING profile size is 16 (expecting 8). Apart form that, the
logs are fine. smbd and nmbd from Samba-main start OK.

Is it a permissions problem? I have checked the Samba-TNG FAQ for clues
;-).

The browse lists and things are saved before it dies.....

Thanks for your help,

A very confused and weary Matthew Geddes
Network Manager
Xavier College
Gawler SA