where's "domain group map" in latest CVS source?

Bruce Reed bruce at mergent.com
Fri Jan 14 17:25:29 GMT 2000

I've just downloaded the latest CVS source, compiled it, and set up a PDC
linux samba server for which most everything is working. Two problems I
haven't solved are:

1)When I attempt to add Domain Admins to the local Administrators group they
turn into "Account Unknown" ids
2) I can't use the NT Server client admin tools (user manager, server
manager, etc.) to administer the domain (access denied on a wkstation logged
into the domain.)

 I saw a posting in the NT Domain Samba mailing list that indicated these
sorts of problems may result from a group mapping failure, but it seems the
current CVS version no longer
supports the "domain group map" feature. Can anyone explain why this was
removed and what's the correct way of mapping NT to Unix groups now? This is
still documented in the NT Domain FAQ as working.