samba domain

Margarita Parker mparker at myra.com
Wed Jan 12 22:42:41 GMT 2000

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Margarita Parker wrote:
>
> > I have installed samba 2.06 on solaris and I have configured it using
> > swat.
> > I added the  workstation_name$ to the etc/passwd file with no password
> > I ran smbpasswd -a -m workstation_name
> >
> > When I try to join the domain with my NT 4.0 workstation it tells me :
> >
> > "Unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain.  Have your
> > administrator check your computer account on the domain."
>
> Did you ran smbpasswd -a -m server_name also?
> When i tryed to setup an PDC for first time, i haven't understand that you
> also have to add the server to the smbpasswd.
>
> BTW: Exists any documentation which points that?
>
> Greetings
>    Nils

Yes I did add the server and that did not make any difference.  But now I
made a couple of changes in my smb.conf and I can join the domain with an NT
machine.  I cannot logon though
I appears that I have some problems with the roaming profile.  I am not sure
how to tell it that I
do not want any rowming profiles.

Thanks for your help

Margarita