W2K-Terminal Server vs Samba 2.0.7

Tatsukawa, Seiichi stat at rational.com
Wed Dec 20 15:21:07 GMT 2000

> I imagine Windows Terminal Server systems are the first to really
> bring this problem to light.  Other smaller-scale uses of SMB
> multiplexing (i.e. ClearCase) are probably less likely to produce a
> situation where several "users" from the same client are competing
> for locked areas of a file.

Just to clarify it. ClearCase causes the SMB connection multiplexing because
it installs the service running as an NT domain user (i.e., non
LocalSystem). You can create the TS like situations on non-TS system by
installing many such services, or IIS with a basic authentication, Telnet
Service, etc.

---  Seiichi