W2K-Terminal Server vs Samba 2.0.7

Grotnes Per Kjetil PBE-SIT PerKjetil.Grotnes at pbe.oslo.kommune.no
Tue Dec 19 10:42:00 GMT 2000

> > > I had to make the Rdr and Parameters keys myself...
> > > Do I make this change in regedit or regedt32 ??

> > Better to use rededt32.exe on NT.  Or you can just import
> > the .reg file from the Samba docs.  Make sure you reboot
> > the TSE server after making the change.

> You are missing the point that there is no "rdr.sys" on Win2K, but
> "mrxsmb.sys". I haven't seen MultipleUsersOnConnection used by MRxSmb or
> mentioned in MS KB for Win2K.

To keep the "thread" alive I just want to throw in a thought here.  Might it be that W2K does
not have this problem?  That the OpSys can handle more than 2000 connections through a
single process?  If so then the cause might be in the system that runs samba.  As in solaris
the default file descriptor limit is 1024 pr. process.

Would you not get the same errors if the Unix system can not handle all those FD through the
single connection like the Windows system?

Just a thought.

Regards
Per Kjetil Grotnes
---
IT-Seksjonen, Plan- og bygningsetaten, Oslo Kommune
Tlf: 22 66 26 61, Fax: 22 66 26 65