Policy Files

Shaun Lipscombe shaun.lipscombe at gasops.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 16:09:32 GMT 2000

This is going to sound stupid.....

I created a policy file (to experiment) and stuck it in the netlogon
share.  Worked OK and as I didn't want to wreck the '98 box that was
going to d/l it on logon I put only a few minor things in which worked
(alpha-numeric passwords, security banner etc).  Now I have had my fun
(the control you can get over all the win 9x machines is amazing) I
removed the .pol file.  Well the changes are still here, so how do I
get back to how my machine was before or has my registry been modified
permanently (until I create a .pol which doesn't restrict anything)?

--
          (o_
(/)_ (/)_ V_/_   shaun.lipscombe at gasops.co.uk