Win95/NT/TNG

Pazdnikov Alexander sasha at acmep.ustu.ru
Wed Aug 30 13:43:28 GMT 2000

Hello, Everybody.
  In ours network nowadays there are two OS present : Win95
and Linux. I wish to move from Win95 to NT Workstation 4.0.
The trouble is as follows:

  On the Linux Box there is running Samba-TNG-alpha-2.6.
  All computers except two ones are running under Win95.
  Share mode on Win95 clients is set to User Share.

  Now I'm moving all clients to domain 'PNIL'. When I logon
to NT box as user 'sasha' I can't get access to Win95 clients, even to
browse what shares they offer (NT says No access to
"Win95_machine_name"). When I've moved myself
on an NT box to a group Administrators (e.g. PNIL\sasha) then
I can access all Win95 clients to browse what shares they offer.
Everything works fine but it is not a good idea to move
all users into a local group Administrators. Putting a
user name into another local workgroup doesn't grant access
to browse Win95 clients ('Access denied'). Any suggestions
on browsing Win95 clients without putting a user into a
local group Administrators ?

	Second question.
  I've a group per user on a Linux box, e.g. user=ansi group=ansi
and also common groups as users, arch and etc. Hense I've
a great list of groups when granting access to the share.
Is it possible not to allow samba show all groups that are
in /etc/group but only part of them ?

--
Alexander Pazdnikov