Samba with LDAP + domains

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 16:15:15 GMT 1999

I'm using an LDAP server to back my domain, and I'm getting failed SID to
name mappings (using CACLS and Explorer's security box)

The question is:

Should I add the entries (CREATOR OWNER and so on) into the LDAP directory,
or would it be more suitable to submit a diff for lib/sids.c (which I think
is the right answer), which has a very short and incomplete list of
predefined SIDs. If anyone cares, the latest SIDs are in the winnt.h header
file of the latest version of the Platform SDK.

Cheers,
Phil