Strange Login Problem

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Oct 28 15:57:36 GMT 1999

Matthias:
I'm still having problems with this issue.  I made the registry change
manually on one machine.  Then rebooted and joined the domain.  The
shortcuts on this machines desktop still do not work.  I get the error
message 'network name not found'  which I assume means there is still some
problem with the shortcut.  You can browse to the resource manually through
Network neighborhood fine, but the shortcut does not work.  I am trying to
use roaming profiles, so is it possible that I am having a problem with
that?  The profiles are being stored under \home\username\profile.

Any other Thoughts.

James